Top box wanted

Selling any kit? Or are you looking for some Blackbird parts or bike gear?
Then put an advert on our Shop Window,
or if you want to trade/swap any items please put them here.

Moderators: MaXX2, wobbs

Top box wanted

Postby Sircular » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Hi y`all, been a while since me last post. any way, I`m after a "Rentec" base plate & large top box for my xx . (Got the "Rentec" rack fitted already) Any one got them for sale, or know the best (cheapest) place to get `em ? Thanks, kind regards, Sircular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Top box wanted

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:44 am

Sircular wrote:Hi y`all, been a while since me last post. any way, I`m after a "Rentec" base plate & large top box for my xx . (Got the "Rentec" rack fitted already) Any one got them for sale, or know the best (cheapest) place to get `em ? Thanks, kind regards, Sircular.

:shock) :shock) ....look at Rentec's recommended MAX weight to put on a Rentec rear rack....a couple of kilos if I remember correctly. Anyrode, it certainly was a lot less than I was loading into a soft luggage tail pack fixed to a Rentec rack and which slowly caused my rear cowl to disintegrate around the grab rail fixing points, no matter how carefully I tried to tighten the fixing bolts.

Having said that, I think Maxx2 never had a problem......wha'eva, go check out Rentec's MAX recommended weight. You may be surprised.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Sircular » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:17 am

Thanks for advising me about the weight. Been on "Renntec`s" site & have asked them how much weight I can carry. waiting for reply . So ..... Another alternative is the "Givi" set up. (Which I had on my last xx ) I now realise I should`ve kept the bugger (Carrier frame & Box) when I sold it, :banghead) Any one out there in Ixxra land have a "Givi" Frame & Top Box they wanna sell ? Thanks, Len W. (Sircular)
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby jimmer137 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Yup, I will be removing a Givi top box and frame from my 'bird before I put the bike up for sale - PM me for details
jimmer137
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:00 am

Sircular

If memory serves me correctly, the maximum weight for a Renntec sports rack is around 11kg. It's not really designed for carrying a top box, more of a place to put a few bits n bobs I think.

Having said that, I created my own luggage system using the Renntec sports rack as the base several years ago, and it hasn't let me down over the years - other than the previous Renntec rack losing one of the fixing plates due to my inadequacy as an engineer :oops) I frequently use a Renntec rack with a Givi base plate fixed to it using a couple of brackets to secure it firmly to the Renntec. Then I add the 45L Givi top box, and it's as secure as anything else I've had. I call it the Giv-n-Tec :) I did post details on here several years ago, but the forum has been remanufactured a few times since then and lots of useful (and useless) information has been lost.

I can also use the genuine Honda luggage system with this setup too to give me the pannier and topbox option when required - whilst also keeping the rear grab rail on the bike in case you want to remove the luggage system while you're just blasting around :thumbsup) I've had the Givi Wingrack and also the SW-Motek system, but for my money the simplicity of the Giv-n-Tec and the versatility of using it either with or without the Honda luggage system is the way to go.

If you want a photo of the Giv-n-Tec, let me know and I'll take one for you as it's still on the bike following my week away last week :ride)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Sircular » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:10 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I managed to get a second hand top box, with base plate & fixings + Key (Holds two large helmets) from my local bike breakers, for the princely sum of £25.00. Result !! Bolted onto rack no problems. Chuffed to bits. Thanks again, Len W, (Sircular)
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to Shop Window & SwapShop