Lakes Bimble Sunday 01/11/2015

Going for a ride? Want to invite other Members/Buddies to join you? Then pop your details on here,
Anyone for coffee?

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Lakes Bimble Sunday 01/11/2015

Postby jono49 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Well there I was getting on with some chores at home, working my way through the wife's list of jobs to do (Sooner she's well again the better :mrgreen: ) I suddenly gained a pass for an afternoons outing on't bike Wooohooooooo :ride)
The route was already in my head ( Best sat-nav ever) an old geezer in our village called Joe who hails from Bassenthwaite area told me when his turn comes (he's 92) when that will god only knows? he will be buried at a church in a small hamlet called "Isel" he reckoned it dates back to nearly Norman times....and he was right 1150 no less, ok it's nearly a hundred years after william the bastid landed but old none the less! :thumbsup)
IMG_3819.JPG
Isel church

And one eye opener was the list of vicars from the start!!!!
IMG_3823.JPG
List of Vicars

And real oldie worldie inside!
IMG_3827.JPG
Inside

From there I took a couple of right turns then a couple of lefts (You still with me :mrgreen: ) and ended up at the end of Bassenthwaite lake.....Bootiful :clap:
IMG_3829.JPG
Basenthwaite

IMG_3831.JPG
Some local talent

Then I went straight to Honister and stopped once to get some pics at beauty spots 8)
IMG_3836.JPG
Mmmmmmm nice

Then slightly over the top at Honister, and not bothering with the slate mine (Full of them fookin tourists :twisted) ) but sat with the rear brake on for this pic :shock)
IMG_3837.JPG
Honister decent

Then a couple at the bottom where I was once sexually abused by deviant from Notts whilst I was in full Alfred Wainright mode photographing the scenery! jawdropping
IMG_3839.JPG
Bottom

Then I pootled behind some of them fookin tourists until an opertunity arose to get by the cooonts! and arrived at Buttermere and the laake looked spectacular :notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy)
IMG_3841.JPG
Buttermere

The trees looked fab in some places....good enough for a calander pic for November
IMG_3843.JPG
Although the roads were wet....it was Beautiful

From there It was up to the junction at the end and turn right then right again towards whinlatter forest which was submerged in cloud, but started to clear near the end at Braithwaite, where I stopped for an 99 cone as you do! 8) .....when yer a fat coont...there said it for ya :getthis)
IMG_3845.JPG
Near Braithwaite

IMG_3846.JPG
Reward for a fat coont

Then it was a straight run home stopping briefly to catch some microlites in squadron formation coming from the fells.......wonder if they have sena's? :-?
IMG_3848.JPG
IXXRA fly out
Last edited by jono49 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Lakes Bimble Sunday 01/11/2015

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:08 pm

Crackin Jono. made me feel even more guilty than earlier...such a fabulous and mild day but yet I procrastinated until I decided I couldn't be arsed to go out.

Enjoyed that Jono thanks. :thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:29 pm

...You COONT! :pullhair

...I was fookin clearint fookin leaves frumma 75 foot garden... :(

...Plannin ter cleant bike after - an dint... :roll)

...Cuzt missus wazzavvin troouble settin up 'er new fookin IPhone so I addterdoo-it... :banghead)

...Which meant I wuzzstuck in frontuvva fookin computer watchin blue fookin download lines... :bigcry:

...On a day that wuzzaz near to a fookin summers day azzyergunna geddin NO-fookin-Vember... duh

...Thanx fer the edds-up... :thumbsup)

...You COONT...! :mrgreen:
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:28 pm

left my place under cloud and it was miserable as fook! but I had info that things looked promising farther saarf mate :thumbsup) I got a fair boil up going up to honister with all me layers on, the temperature in my nether regions was reaching critical level, and several adjustments had to be made when I stopped to let air in :mrgreen:
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:46 am

jono49 wrote:the temperature in my nether regions was reaching critical level, and several adjustments had to be made when I stopped to let air in

Beltin'! :thumbsup)

Just had another look at this little write-up and it's put a grin on me face - again! :smile:
...And...as you've pointed out with such modest grace and subtlety - it was proper warm, wannit? lol
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:25 am

:thumbsup) Subtlety is my middle name......"NOT" :mrgreen:
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:29 am

jono49 wrote:left my place under cloud and it was miserable as fook! but I had info that things looked promising farther saarf mate :thumbsup) I got a fair boil up going up to honister with all me layers on, the temperature in my nether regions was reaching critical level, and several adjustments had to be made when I stopped to let air in which accounts for my appearance at Carlisle Magistrates Court first thing Monday morning :mrgreen:

Sorted :thumbsup)

Hope they aint too harsh on you.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:52 am

Top man Jono, looks perfect...
Twas showing 23° up at Whitby as well :shock)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Mister Majestik » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:20 pm

OB

you been on a secret whitby ride then??? :twisted)
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:04 pm

Yes mate, about a dozen of us go up in the cars every year for the Goth weekend :thumbsup)

great weekend it is too, veeeerrryyy busy this year, they even closed the bridge for vehicles because of the sheer numbers of folks walking over it :shock)

place was buzzin all weekend, too much beer yesterday tho :P :twisted) :mrgreen:
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Mister Majestik » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:32 pm

you still got ya costume on then Drac lol
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
jono49 wrote:left my place under cloud and it was miserable as fook! but I had info that things looked promising farther saarf mate :thumbsup) I got a fair boil up going up to honister with all me layers on, the temperature in my nether regions was reaching critical level, and several adjustments had to be made when I stopped to let air in which accounts for my appearance at Carlisle Magistrates Court first thing Monday morning :mrgreen:

Sorted :thumbsup)

Hope they aint too harsh on you.

:thumbsup) lol
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to Rideouts