France long weekend JUNE 23RD TO 26TH

Going for a ride? Want to invite other Members/Buddies to join you? Then pop your details on here,
Anyone for coffee?

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Postby Tigger » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:24 am

Speedy wrote:2 days - Travelling home via the route Napoleon.

wanna watch that route, didnt turn out too well(ington) for napoleon :mrgreen:
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Speedy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:08 am

Akuji wrote:
Speedy wrote:If its of any interest to anyone, I'm travelling on after the weekend. My rough itinerary is as follows:

1/2 days - travelling to Andorra past Biarritz and down the Autoroute du Sol

2/3 days - in Andorra, probably at the Hotel Paris-Londres, because they give free room upgrades

2/3 days - travelling east along the South Coast with one night in the Camargue to see the wild horses. (Sorry Tim, they don't do French sheep)

2 days - Travelling home via the route Napoleon.

If anyone wants to join me for all or part of that trip, you're more than welcome.

you got me tempted there mate - instead of going in sept. Any chance of squeezing in a visit to millau and i'll see if i can change my holidays at work

Could easily pick that up on the way home. You'd have to hold my hand though, cos I'd be riding with my eyes closed.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. But so was yesterday, and look how you messed that up.
Speedy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Speedy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:24 pm

Tigger wrote:
Speedy wrote:2 days - Travelling home via the route Napoleon.

wanna watch that route, didnt turn out too well(ington) for napoleon :mrgreen:

Learn your history, young Tigger. He picked up 90,000 men of the Grand Armee travelling up that route. He didn't get any problems until he reached Belgium.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. But so was yesterday, and look how you messed that up.
Speedy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby REEFER » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:44 pm

the trip has now been extended to the monday also..so leave friday morning back monday evening :D due to it being a lot of mileage for what really is just one day there..hope that is ok for everyone as it has been a majority vote..6 people so far have suggested or agreed with it
if you cant make the monday you can still join us and return when you wish, or carry on further down with speedy on the monday :clap:
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Shlink » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:23 pm

Right, here's an update. We'll be going Dover to Boulogne on Sat 17th June (50 minute crossing, £50 quid return bike and two passengers), head South and then plan to meet up with you guys either the Friday or Saturday. Look forward to meeting up and will post on this thread again to exchange mobile numbers in order to nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble nibble...

Oh sorry... meeshy was nibbling my ear... where was I... yes: will post nearer the time and maybe exchange numbers with someone from the group so we can arrange meeting time/place. Cheers.
If assholes could fly, 10 Downing Street would be an airport.
Shlink
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby REEFER » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:08 pm

17th...ouch!..lemans weekend m8
still you can get to race all the brits going down..just watch out for plod cos they are gonna be swarming with speed traps
no worries with exchanging numbers and stuff..just make sure your phone is set to roam in europe with your air time suppliers
ill pm you our hotel details also m8

for those of you who have had the bad luck of meeting graham..he is coming also now :clap:
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby REEFER » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:08 pm

big phil and his other half just confirmed tonight also :clap:
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby REEFER » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:53 pm

thats it folks..trip is now full :clap:
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Shlink » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:05 pm

update: we've booked our accommodation for the first four nights, working our way down the Loire valley to Dordogne. I've left the rest open for some flexibility and aiming to head south though not necessarily to Pyrenees. Aiming to meet up with IXXRA folk on the weekend, on our way back northwards.
If assholes could fly, 10 Downing Street would be an airport.
Shlink
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tigger » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:39 pm

REEFER wrote:thats it folks..trip is now full :clap:

can you post an upto date list etc pls for all concerned :-? ta
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby REEFER » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:32 pm

errr tiggs..everyone thats going knows who's going..so cant see the point in posting it here?
if your still thinking of coming (god help us :mrgreen: ) then we might be able to squeeze you in..but the longer you leave it the less chance there is :thumbsup)

shlink..we will be staying in the loire valley area m8 ill leaise with you closer the time :notworthy)
also..why not stay at our gaff for the weekend and ride back with us on the monday :wink)
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tigger » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:49 pm

that told me then. Bad tigs :smackbutt :smackbutt

given up on going mate. you know why. got a new baby to play with so... :getthis) rotfl
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby REEFER » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:03 pm

and what better place to play with it than the french countryside..no points on your licence should the throttle slip..nice countryside and roads..good food and bevys and last but not least fantastic company
2 of the bikes going dont come on ixxra so not much point posting stuff here..much easier to fire off a group email to everyone

ps did i mention fantastic weather :wink)
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

UPDATE!

Postby REEFER » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:19 pm

you all should have received an email from me last saturday with a few more details and a link to the hotel in france that is now booked for us all

if you didnt please let me know :wink)
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

news flash!!

Postby REEFER » Sun May 07, 2006 4:17 pm

seems the french blackbird bash is on the weekend we are there!
and supposed to be closeish to where we are staying also!
im looking into it but needless to say if it is reachable we will prob be doing a rideout to it for those wanting to go :-?
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: news flash!!

Postby Akuji » Sun May 07, 2006 4:25 pm

REEFER wrote:seems the french blackbird bash is on the weekend we are there!
and supposed to be closeish to where we are staying also!
im looking into it but needless to say if it is reachable we will prob be doing a rideout to it for those wanting to go :-?

count me in :clap: :clap:
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby REEFER » Sun May 07, 2006 4:38 pm

counted and in dude :thumbsup)
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby REEFER » Mon May 08, 2006 10:00 pm

seems the french bash is over 200 miles away from where we are staying so a tad to far for a 400 mile day trip after having got there from the uk the day before!

stop press!..newbie surprise member may be coming along on her bird also :clap:
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Akuji » Mon May 08, 2006 10:08 pm

REEFER wrote:seems the french bash is over 200 miles away from where we are staying so a tad to far for a 400 mile day trip after having got there from the uk the day before!

stop press!..newbie surprise member may be coming along on her bird also :clap:

female ay - hmmmm :mrgreen:
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Laceyjay » Tue May 09, 2006 1:46 pm

ok "newbie surprise member" now booked her train tickets ! :) - never been abroad on bike so nervous as hell ! :P :P :P
ImageImage
Life is for living with your aerial up and fully receiving
Laceyjay
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Tigger » Wed May 10, 2006 3:38 am

Laceyjay wrote:ok "newbie surprise member" now booked her train tickets ! :) - never been abroad on bike so nervous as hell ! :P :P :P

dont panic, says so in the "Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy" :P
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Akuji » Fri May 12, 2006 7:01 pm

Laceyjay wrote:ok "newbie surprise member" now booked her train tickets ! :) - never been abroad on bike so nervous as hell ! :P :P :P

well you'll see that french drivers have great respect for bikers - they nearly write their cars off getting out of the way so we can carry on our merry way - i had em swerving in and out of bus lanes the last time i were there :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tigger » Sat May 13, 2006 2:11 am

Akuji wrote:

well you'll see that french drivers have great respect for bikers - they nearly write their cars off getting out of the way so we can carry on our merry way - i had em swerving in and out of bus lanes the last time i were there :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thats cos your just NUTS :D
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby barsteward » Sat May 13, 2006 2:45 am

Tigger wrote:
Akuji wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D That's rich coming from you :clap: :clap: :clap:
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby Akuji » Sat May 13, 2006 9:52 am

Tigger wrote:
Akuji wrote:

well all you need to do is remove your lid and they will run fer the 'ills :D :D
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rideouts